How to Learn QuickBooks Easily With Personalized Training
As a small business owner, you’re required to wear many hats, especially when you’re just starting out and you’re not ready to outsource some of the tasks at hand. If you’re ready to take on the business of managing your own books, BCA Bookkeeping and Cheryl Driscoll can help.
When you need a fast and effective way to learn QuickBooks, we offer informative, hands-on, one-on-one training that can give you all the skills necessary to easily create and manage all of your financial accounts. Since the very beginning of the software, Cheryl Driscoll has used QuickBooks, running seminars on the subject throughout her career, and teaching business leaders how best to utilize everything the software has to offer.
Even if you’ve used QuickBooks before, you may find yourself lost in the many updates and additional features that have been added over the years. By breaking up training sessions into smaller, two-hour increments, Cheryl can get you on the way to effectively managing your books in no time!
How QuickBooks Pro Training With BCA Bookkeeping Works
Using TeamViewer (a form of remote control computer software), Cheryl instructs clients one-on-one, right inside the software on the client’s computer, with both parties having control of the mouse. She starts with an in-depth summary of QuickBooks and a discussion of all of the types of accounts you will need to create. Your first two-hour training session includes:
- Setting up the Chart of Accounts:
- Other Income
- Other Expenses
- How to Edit Accounts.
- How to Enter Checks and Deposits.
- How to pay the owner.
- Full discussion of items and how they relate to the Chart of Accounts.
Cheryl will also help you to determine what types of accounts you should create based on your specific business needs, and how to use them, including:
- Office Expenses vs. Office Supplies.
- How to put money into the company and take money out.
- What to do if you pay for company expenses using personal funds.
- How to enter items paid for with cash.
- Types of items that are deductible, that you may not currently be taking advantage of.
In future training sessions, Cheryl will explain:
- The entire invoice process, including applying a payment and making a deposit.
- How to enter credit card charges.
- Reconciliation and the types of accounts that need to be reconciled.
- The QuickBooks Preferences section.
- Financial reports and how to read them so that you have a better understanding of how your business is doing.
Benefits of Remote One-on-One QuickBooks Training
Through our remote one-on-one QuickBooks Training program, you’ll have recurring, direct access to Cheryl so that you can learn your accounting software and how to use it at your own pace. She’ll give you homework between sessions so that you can continue familiarizing yourself with what you’ve covered during training.
Then, she’ll begin your next session by answering any questions that have come up between trainings. Your second session could last anywhere between 15 minutes and two hours, depending on your needs – we are here to help you, and not to waste your time or money.
Between training sessions, Cheryl is available to:
- Offer help as you need it
- Prevent you from getting stuck, making mistakes, or having to re-do your work
- Answer basic questions via email, free of charge (longer, more involved questions, especially if they require a phone call, are charged in 15 minute increments)
Support, including a review of your books, is also available on a monthly basis. Generally speaking, training sessions may include the following:
- Time spent answering your questions
- Showing you how to do the reconciliation of your Checking Accounts
- Showing you how to enter Credit Card charges, refunds, and payments, along with reconciliation
- Discussing how to run reports, and what reports are available or useful to your particular business
The benefits of this unique training extend well beyond learning how to use QuickBooks, as business owners will continue to learn and further develop their understanding of Accounting. This will allow deeper understanding of the Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss, which will help each business owner reduce their taxes, increase their profitability, and ultimately grow their business. Continued support is provided, as it is important to make sure the Accounting file is kept in good order throughout the year.
Training is also available for any of the following:
- How to set up and process payroll (2-hour session with follow up time)
- How the Accounts Receivable system works in QuickBooks (app. 2 hours)
- How to create a template for your invoice (to mimic what you may currently be using in Word)
- Job Costing
- Handling inventory and the entire Accounts Payable system in QuickBooks
You’ll be prepared for a stress-free tax time, incurring no added accounting expenses in the process. As a licensed CPA, Cheryl can help you prepare financial statements so that your tax professional won’t have to spend endless hours “fixing” your Accounting file, and then billing you extra for this extra time.
Remote or Cloud Storage Available With BCA Bookkeeping
Clients are also offered the option of having BCA Bookkeeping store their books in-house, or placing them securely in the cloud for remote access. For a monthly fee, you can access all your books via the cloud using the online or the desktop version of the QuickBooks.
Clients have many options available to them, including logging in with Cheryl to review the books using team viewer.
On-Site QuickBooks Training Available
If you prefer to meet face-to-face for training rather than working remotely, Cheryl is available to provide QuickBooks training in-person, at your office or place of business. Please note there is a fee for off-site training. Regardless of which training option you choose, you’ll receive the same comprehensive QuickBooks training and advice concerning tax liability and day-to-day business accounting practices.
Contact us today with any questions you may have, or to make an appointment for your first training session. Together, we can take the mystery and complexity out of QuickBooks Accounting Software in very little time.